You are here: Home » Welfare » Academic


In Merton

College Advisor

Your college advisor is there as a contact in college and a source of support throughout your time at Merton. You can go to them with any concerns you may have about your work, or college life, which you would rather not discuss with your supervisor. If you are not sure who your advisor is, or are experiencing any difficulties with them, contact Julie Gerhardi, the Graduate Officer, at julie.gerhardi (at)

Dean of Graduates

Any concerns about your academic work, or life at Merton, can also be addressed to the Dean of Graduates, Dr Matthew Grimley (matthew.grimley (at) or the Senior Tutor, Dr Rachel Buxton (rachel.buxton (at)

The Welfare Dean, Chaplain, Welfare Officers and peer supporters are also available to discuss academic concerns.

Another point of contact for welfare matters is Lynn Featherstone (lynn.featherstone (at), the Academic Registrar, in her capacity as Disability Contact.

You can also contact the University Counselling Service:

The University runs a student counselling service, throughout the year, at 11 Wellington Square. They aim to give students an initial assessment within five working days, and can then offer regular counselling. You can make an appointment in person, by phone or by e-mail reception(at)

w: University Counselling Service
p: 01865 270300